


Just got back from the Hematologist-- he said the exact same thing the Hematologist said during my last pregnancy. It's an in-vitro issue (I just have clumpy platelets that react to the agents they put in the vacutainers) not an in-vivo issue (my blood is normal).
My OB will probably send me for one more platelet count to get a real count (they will do this with an agent like Heparin so my darn clumpy platelets won't clot so fast) but other than that I am good to go. Relieved, as I had been reading up on a new thing called "Sticky Platelet Syndrome" and wasn't liking what I was hearing/reading. But he said that was a totally different issue, and not one I needed to worry about.
Now I just need to move up my next OB appt so I can go ahead and give in and have an ultrasound-- I can't seem to shake this feeling of twins (to the point where I can't sleep at night, and am planning how life will work with three kids! Aaaaahhhh!!!). SO, I just want to be sure that there is in fact only one. Plus, once I have that information, I can start with the plans for flying out my fabulous midwife, Racha. (If anyone ever needs a midwife in the East Bay/Berkeley area, Racha Tahani Gossett and Maura Daly are THE BOMB.
More later....

1 comment:
I am so glad your blood work came back fine. I can't wait to hear news of one or...two babies. :D
Post a Comment