Sunday, June 15, 2008

New found freedom

Oh my god-- we drove this weekend! I feel like I can go anywhere! It was awesome-- we got lost both times, but we didn't get mad at eachother-- except when I made a right turn (try this in a land where you drive on the left-- it's very scary), trying hard not to hit a moped-- and Miles thru the car into neutral at the exact moment when I needed acceleration!!! Yes, Miles was in the front on Gilbert's lap-- I know I know-- as we had a bar box in the back seat-- I'll post a picture soon, it's an antique from the UK and gorgeous.

Yesterday we went to the chiropractor again and we drove there-- and Miles got reacquainted with his car seat. He was apprehensive at first, and then every few miles he would complain about how he couldn't move! Ha ha-- too bad. Safety First!

We are planning a trip this weekend-- probably to the beach as it's only an hour away. So awesome to have a car-- it really opens up where we can go and what we can do.

So Miles thinks he can tell time. Gilbert sent him to ask me what time it was, and instead he went straight to the bedroom digital alarm clock....stared at it for a good while and then ran out announcing that it was "40 o'clock!"

He has also memorized the books we read (yes, we need some new ones)-- so I read part of the sentence and he finishes it. It's really sweet to hear him telling me what's going on. He gets bashful if I ask him to read to me, but if I read half the sentence and stop....he will finish it. Love this age-- its so cute. As I write this, he stands nearby playing with his penis. Nice.

Some of you have asked if he is speaking Malay yet-- I didn't think so, but in the car the other day I heard him talking to himself, "Going to Jalan Ceylon! Regency Tower!"-- that's where we leave...on Jalan Ceylon (Jalan = street) and our building is called the Regency Tower-- he's heard me tell so many taxis where we live, now he knows. Which would come in handy if he ever gets lost-- heaven forbid! :)

No comments: